Saturday, May 8, 2010

FREEDOM!!!!

Hot pink pants gives a guy a sense of freedom. You may think, how is one free to do whatever they like since so many people may stare at them for their pink pants? You may think, why would a guy wear pink pants? My answer comes from a fun experience today. While cleaning out our church, Redeemer Fellowship, this morning my wifey was helping clean a room that was choke full of clothes. Disgusting out of style clothes. Within this realm of history was a pair of hot pink lady pants with no pockets. Size 14. They fit me perfectly, unless you count the jeans hanging out the bottom. By the way, I need to slim down, get into a size 10 or so. With this pair of jumper pants on I was able to be free. You may think, again with the free talk, what do you mean? I mean exactly this: while wearing ridiculous pants one is able to do anything ridiculous, to an extent, and not be thought of any more ridiculous than the pants he is already wearing. While wearing these pants I went for a job and shopped at CVS. While wearing these pants I did an interpretive dance that began as line dancing, evolved into and Irish jig and ended in a sort of hardcore two step dance. While wearing these pants I shoveled dirt and spoke with a guy outside the church about serving within the church. I think the pants attracted him to converse with me. Basically what I am saying is, while wearing pink pants, one is able to shed away all fears of judgement and ridicule. What I am proposing is, all Christians might consider wearing pink pants and evangelizing. It will definitely give one something to start the conversation with.

No comments:

Post a Comment